quinta-feira, novembro 02, 2006

GALERIA DE PERSONAGENS SECUNDÁRIOS (E INCRÍVEIS) (I)


LENNY -- THAT THING YOU DO

Não sei se vcs viram The Wonders – O Sonho Não Acabou (That Thing You Do). Nesse filme, Steve Zahn faz Lenny, um dos guitarristas da banda.
Numa cena, o dono do restaurante em que eles tocam mostra a Lenny várias notas de dólar após o show; segue-se, então, o seguinte diálogo:

Villapiano: Know what this is?
Lenny: [pauses] Presidential flashcards?
Villapiano: A bonus. And do you know why?
Lenny: I have no idea.
Villapiano: To entice you back!... The word is out on you o-NEE-ders!
Lenny: Hey, that's o-NEH-ders!

Noutra cena, o líder da banda, Jimmy, está reclamando que o dono da gravadora o destratou. E que está preocupado com o “futuro criativo” do grupo.

Jimmy: [Speaking about Diane Dane ] She told me never trust a label. And I'm beginning to believe her.
Lenny: Well, sure. I mean, come on. They put us up in a first class hotel, all expenses paid, while our record climbs the charts; bunch of lyin' snakes.
Jimmy: Sorry I'm buggin' you! I guess I'm alone in my principles. [leaves the room]
Lenny: Oh come on. Oh, there he goes off to his room to write that hit song "Alone in my principles."